We offer full servicing and repair for your wood burning stove
We recommend that your wood burning or multi-fuel stove undergoes a standard service (see below) ideally every year. The standard service will be done by our qualified HETAS engineer. We recommend that you clean and inspect your appliance regularly, visit this especially in periods of heavy use. If you find any problems or have any questions please contact us.
Please contact us to arrange a service visit
A standard service procedure is as follows;
- Allow the appliance to cool
- Remove all the following internal parts – baffle, adiposity firebricks, grate and ashpan.
- Vacuum any remaining ash and debris from inside the appliance
- Clean the internal surfaces using a wire brush and scraper as required.
- Clean the grate and any grate parts with a wire brush and check for any damage, replace any damaged parts
- Clean the firebricks with a soft brush, check the bricks and although some surface wear and tear will occur with use, damaged or broken bricks will be replaced
- Re-fit all cleaned internal parts and replacement parts
- Remove the glass from the door and discard old or worn rope seal
- Clean old glue from the groove which held the rope seal
- Replace the rope seal, gluing into place with a thermic seal adhesive, and re-fit the glass
- Lightly oil the door catch mechanism and hinge pins
- Refresh the exterior look of your stove with aerosol paint or colloidal black cleaner. Enamelled surfaces should only be cleaned with a lightly dampened, soft cloth only.